Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CLOSED PR] Reverts botany harvest nerf and tweaks produce satchels instead
I have already extensively argued about why I don't like this, but to be blunt:

- The delayed reactions, while neat, seem to be a niche utility solely for making stuff like murder tomatoes. There does not seem to be many other instances where this leads to anything notable. It also bypasses the normal method of doing these kinds of things (potassium + ice)
- This is one of the few game systems where reagents very specifically do not react. The change this reverts makes that consistent with other things.
- This makes satchels no longer congruent with one another; why is the produce satchel now the only one incapable of this? How does it make any sense in a logical perspective? "Sorry, I can't grab something out of my bag without dumping all of it on the floor."

"Grabbing a single item out of a produce satchel" has a lot of legitimate use cases and it's something I do frequently when I'm a botanist -- not just for produce, but for keeping and managing seeds. This fundamentally destroys all of that just so we can keep in a "funny" interaction that has been run into the ground in the last several days by being used to depopulate stations by maybe, hopefully making it harder to mass-murder with them.

I am strongly against this.

Edit: To make it even more blunt and unhappy, I don't think we should require botanists to create right-click crash piles of produce to sort through their shit because of a handful of people who just can't help themselves.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Reverts botany harvest nerf and tweaks produce satchels instead - by Zamujasa - 04-26-2024, 12:59 PM