Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ability to search health related traits in medtrak
(04-23-2024, 01:08 PM)Kateaclysm Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 12:08 PM)Fuppy Wrote: normally I usually agree with anything that is "let's make this easier and less tedious" but I genuinely think accidental puritan cloning is more a feature than a bug that needs solving. It's definitely something you should avoid if you aren't ready to handle it, but if it does happen on accident I mean... whatever it happens. If you take puritan you're running the risk that medical forgets to medtrak scan you and hastily clones you.

Oh I agree! but there's the flipside in that a competent and prepared doctor can then set notes, and not rely on solely the MD for cloning notes. Considering puritan status is still found exclusively via medtrak scanning, I dont think this'll actively reduce ACCIDENTAL clones but it will add another aspect to "medbay housekeeping" that I think is unfairly restricted to only command roles. The caveat with the main suggestion being that perhaps Puritan and other significant traits are not found via this search. Hell, I think even just an allergy search would be a fairly compelling search option.
I originally wrote this suggestion for traits like medical allergies or just allergies so ambitious doctors can search easily someone's allergy before treatinf them, opportunist antag can use it to poison someone, or any roleplay purpose. Then the other traits are just to add flavour on what medtrak could do, which seems more like an accessory. So I agree with the last line, maybe searching only which crew has allergy rather than looking up for traits seems like a better idea for what I want to suggest. Dunno if I should make a different discussion for this. Guh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ability to search health related traits in medtrak - by Emimiyu - 04-23-2024, 06:43 PM