Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
Pharmacy: Do They Really Need All That
(03-05-2024, 09:58 AM)Cal Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 09:23 AM)Solwra Wrote: As someone who enjoys being a "pharmacist" doctor, I personally believe if you're going to restrict doctor's access to chemistry you should create a dedicated chemist or pharmacist role that can work on beneficial chems so the scientists are not obligated to run errands working on chemical requests.

This is largely off-topic, but I legitimately think the best way of going about this would be delegating a-zone adventuring to staff assistants to scientists are less likely to grab the job and run off, wheras people who are interested in chemistry or artsci or toxins will do that instead and not run off, at the very least being on-station to be asked these things at all.

That may be good, however it seems that scientists often gravitate to tele science. Whenever I've been a scientist it seems like artifact and telesci always gets filled up with other scientists fast compared to toxins and chemistry, this may just be my experience though but it definitely feels like there's just more interest in those areas. It often leaves chemistry to be a void and since the scientist slot may be filled, you will often not be able to do chemistry even though the lab is completely empty (unless you tide in there or get HOP to give you access). 

Having a chemist role in my opinion doesn't take that much away, if you want to experiment with chemicals on your shift you can pick that role, perhaps have both departments use interlinks to request chems so there's more interaction happening there. 

This is just my take on this matter, I understand the idea of being present on station, but you cannot guarantee that even with that the scientists won't leave to go do telescience anyway unless it's access restricted away from them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pharmacy: Do They Really Need All That - by Solwra - 03-05-2024, 12:26 PM