Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chemical requester update: Random Requests
Another thread speaking about the pharmacy (which I won't be discussing today) made me realize something about the current.. vibe of the chemical requester. 

If you request a chemical, you have a high chance of never getting it since people are focused elsewhere. But as a bored scientist, you'd love a request or two.. unfortunately none come in, so you don't pay attention to the console or notice the one notification buried in payroll.

A vicious cycle, you never get your chemicals so you never make requests, and since you get no requests you don't expect to get one. But, this cycle isn't something we can't fix! We can add in random chemical requests which guaranteed happen a few times a shift.

How I imagine this working:
1. A random, non-secret, non-food, mixable chemical that doesn't use secret chems is requested, up to 50 units. (you can't get water, cheese, ash or Mewtini, but you can get Carpet)

2. You make the chemical and bottle it up!

3a. You then deliver the chemical to cargo, who crate it up and send it out! Maybe replace the Contact CDC spot with outgoing chemical requests so you can print out a label.
OR
3b. Plug that sucker into the chemical request computer, and send! Completed request. Doesn't work for requests on station though.

4. Get cool rewards like rare chemicals and empty artbeakers, or other stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Chemical requester update: Random Requests - by Dhaidburt - 03-04-2024, 01:25 AM