Benjamin Sisko HoS App II
(03-01-2024, 02:39 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: kinda the problem i'm having is that it just feels kinda awkward going up to people and asking/checking in if they're newer or inexperienced. i usually get no response. sometimes people'll agree to shadow me but they tend not to ask questions despite my offering. maybe i'm trying too hard

I'm not usually on during the same hours as Sisko is, but I have been on few teams where they have HoSed and been a regular officer so my view point may bit slightly limited. The big things I saw during the HoS rounds were communication and being fun to deal with as antag and to work with as a security member. Having that experience in leading already as a mentor on Fridays has shown through during those rounds too. As an officer, they're attentive and communicative still.

As for teaching, that is the one section I haven't seen personally. Though I admit it is likely due to me being out and about patrolling during mutual security rounds. I do have some advice on teaching security members: it may be awkward to ask repeatedly near the beginning of each round, but even a quick conversation is good and generally it will become less awkward feeling over time.

Messages In This Thread
Benjamin Sisko HoS App II - by babayetu83 - 02-23-2024, 10:54 PM
RE: Benjamin Sisko HoS App II - by 444explorer - 02-27-2024, 04:45 AM
RE: Benjamin Sisko HoS App II - by babayetu83 - 03-01-2024, 02:39 PM
RE: Benjamin Sisko HoS App II - by Azurnite - 03-03-2024, 12:06 PM
RE: Benjamin Sisko HoS App II - by jan.antilles - 05-05-2024, 04:45 PM