Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
The relevance of Extended rounds on RP
(02-05-2024, 01:50 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: I kinda wish we still got clued in it was extended TO know to ahelp more.

That said in theory you should behave like every round was extended AND an antag round. You should always treat bad behavior like bad behavior..you should also act like its a normal day.

A lot of the "rules" of RP do get broken and looked away like "You are suppose to act like soneone who wants to stay employed at NT" gets broken quite frequently by non antags as well. Mostly by people who do things to have fun as the Non Clown/Mime.
I see it more often then not that someone is like: "I don't wanna do my job, but have fun." And it is condoned since as long as whatever they are doing ISN'T doing harm to players, like for example the only engineer building a room for themselves and not maintaining the engine or responding to Engineering Alerts.

We could Ahelp those or make it a fun RP situation where someone gets a write-up.

I have been lubed as a clown before by a scientist and staff assistant combo who were bored so I know some people are just... bored.

That said.. I think extended rounds being meta knowledgable is still fine in any case, but I think we tolerate some rule breaking since we think it's an antag round every time.
That guy not wanting to do their job? Could be an antagonist... do I report an obivious antagonist?

I do like how most of us go: "It's an antagonist, better not harras the admins over it." And the admins go: "Please ahelp regardless."
But then... I fear an uprising of Ahelp metaing, where if the person who self antagging doesn't get exploded. Means some players will now know they are antags.
And if the admins keep doing nothing or remain silent to go against this, it might end up with "Why ahelp if they don't respond or do anything."

So I think the mindset of "Treat it as both." is very conflicting, but I think sometimes saying: "Hey we got a round of extended, have fun." in advance will be MORE healthy then keeping it hidden to weed out self antaggers.

And before you say: "Well people will leave if they know it's extended."
Yes. There is no straight answer. I just know if I get a round of extended, I would love to try more things at my own pace with someone mentoring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The relevance of Extended rounds on RP - by Kotlol - 02-05-2024, 09:21 AM