Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chaplain Additions suggestion (Again)
As an off-and-on again chaplain player, I don't think chaplain needs any major alterations or changes to mix up the playstyle. Chaplain, in my opinion, is a "Find your own fun" role and doesn't *need* any defined goals. I'm perfectly content with doing laps around the station looking for excuses to rant about space-gods or decorating my chapel to fit whatever gimmick I have in mind for the shift.
Adding non-antag items for chaplain should compliment the loose playstyle of the role, not bind it to a strict formula of "goals" or "progression." Give chaplain toys to play with, not objectives to complete is what I'm getting at. Clothing sets and items themed around the sets are the best way to go in my opinion.

Alternative bibles are tricky. I've sprited one myself and the general consensus I've seen is that people want to be able to immediately identify an item as a bible (Obvious farty gibby reasons) and the clear definition of a bible gets a bit muddied when it doesn't have a giant gold cross on the front. You could make the alternative bibles do something different than instant-death so that people don't feel cheated for the first few months of a new bible being in the game or give them custom gib effects and let people learn the hard way that there's other dangerous books besides the good ol' crossed one and maybe they should stop farting on literature in general!
I don't think the fear of "but what if I gib on accident?" is a good enough reason for us to not have *any* new bibles. I'd love to see some variety.

I think the christian motif is perfectly fine. Zealous christian clergymen/witch-hunters are a staple of fiction and deserve a spot in space.
Like what the screaming guy said, I like playing holy space lizard, I think it's funnee.

Messages In This Thread
Chaplain Additions suggestion (Again) - by WhatMG - 01-24-2024, 12:03 PM
RE: Chaplain Additions suggestion (Again) - by KolIsDumb - 01-25-2024, 06:54 AM