Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
[MERGED PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance
(01-14-2024, 03:59 PM)Ikea Wrote: Each lostĀ arms applies a -.4 movement modifier. For old behavior, for light with treads this means a speed of .5, for new behavior light with treads armless coincidentally also goes a speed of .5. Base armless light borg will end up going a bit faster (1.0 to 0.7). It may not be a bad idea to reduce this buff to something like -.2/.15 in order to make part targeting arms more viable, though Ill leave that call for others (for now) (Also losing a leg modifies your speed by 3.5, changing this to like 1 in order to make losing a leg still technically escapable without teleportation could be good as well)

Feels like the "base" behavior should be allowing for no arms, then arms add on top of that? So no arms is no modifier, light arms are +0.05, standard are +0.10, sturdy are +0.20, heavy are +0.35 (numbers here keep the difference between the arms the same as you have them).

I would also be agreeable to no arms having the same move speed as light arms. This would make attacking the arms of a cyborg a pure benefit to the attacker, rather than you ending up bopping them off and them speeding the heck up out of there.

One/no legs being a penalty makes more sense to me, "base" to work from is "has two standard legs", i.e. light legs, treads, thrusters speed them up.

Essentially, I would like the no-arm case to be handled (with it either the same as light arms or only marginally faster than light arms) prior to this being merged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance - by Mordent - 01-14-2024, 06:59 PM
RE: [PR] Cyborg movement speed rebalance - by Cal - 01-29-2024, 04:02 AM