Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.82 Average
[MERGED PR] Disables antag captains on classic
(01-13-2024, 06:01 AM)cheekybrdy Wrote: Against myself, I like the captain being as disassociated from sec when its populated as much as possible, I feel like captain's loud atmosphere even as the only sole Command member gives Command as a department a unique character which being security conditioned with a 'All clear' would remove that by moving captain into effectively Secoff with AA (batong sold seperatly). Also as in regards to mind hacked captains I feel are just as dangerous as Traitor captains in most scenarios. The power of AA also gives a method to setup good gimmicks earlier in the round due to less wrangling of resources, although this can allow for the low effort rampages that caused this thread.

TLDR: Captains being able to be traitors gives Command as a department a unique identity and feels like a unique part of Goon compared to other codebases imo.
 Yeah, removing the ability to do silly all-powerful gimmicks in favor of them being HoS lite seems like an uninspired choice. The justifications used to remove their ability to antagonize could also be easily applied to any department head. 

You could go on a rampage with rcd as CE or make yourself captain as HoP and by the same token creative people can go further with those roles. It's an update that only caters to the ease of a sec role and limits goofiness because a few boring playstyles exist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Disables antag captains on classic - by JanusRose - 01-14-2024, 09:14 AM