Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam
(12-01-2023, 02:56 AM)444explorer Wrote: The EMAG'd will always be absurdly popular and powerful, I think. It's an incredibly versatile item that has most of its important functionality being able to be replicated (doors, lockers) by packets or regular hacking/destruction, which can be hard or time consuming. It's a great time-saver and a way to jump crime to crime and have some quick fun. I don't really think we'll have this issue if we push for more escalation and RP when it comes to Silicons. Which always have this issue of things ramping up in such a fast way it leads to people complaining post-round.

Personally I think emagged borgs are 100% fine. Cause fighting borgs who have no ranged weapon to kill you, can be stunned with a flash easily, can be kill switched in the AI core, are not programmed to actively kill you. IS FINE!

Borgs are easy to fight off, they get the advantage of messing with the controls of the Station.. but once you deal with one.. it's done within 3 seconds as security.
You see borg, grab flash, randomly use it near them, borg is now permastunned by a flash and baton.

The reason I want to change it abit is because most Emagged borgs tend to work with their libarator for no reason but to join in the fun.
That's when they can get annoying.

Cause now not only does the traitor have AA, the borg can save em, the borg can sabotage, the borg is actively working with them. This causes HUGE DISMAY!
Let alone the annoyance and chaos 1 emag can do with other stuff.

This is why the only "nerf" I would give emagged borgs is simple: "Just don't allow them to work with the traitor just like emagged beepskies."

It's only when emagged borgs work with traitors with emags things get REALLY annoying. Heck the Emag without emagging borgs is annoying cause it can make some devices almost unusuable and doors to fix constantly for engineering. And my least favorite use of it is on the turret system of the AI core as it keeps cycling and most DO NOT KNOW how to fix that thing.

So my problem with Emags doesn't come from emagged borgs.. it comes from Emagged borgs + all the other stuff. And time and effort vs cost and risk.
A rampaging emagger needs no prep time and can just start running down the halls smacking everything with the emag and engineering would take almost half a shift to fix that shit, if they fix it at all.
Also beepskies are mostly unreplacable cause it costs a baton.. wich you cannot spawn unless you buy a security token and those are expensive.

So yea annoyance + things that cannot be fixed or replaced easily + spawning more antags = The most overpowered traitor item.

But nerfing emagged borgs is litterly the weakest thing to nerf. If we gotta nerf it... nerf it's other uses that cause WAY more dismay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam - by Kotlol - 12-01-2023, 03:38 AM