Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam
I'll keep it relatively simple-

I don't think we should nerf other options(i.e. the EMAG), just because its alternatives suck. We should buff the alternatives to have a similar power level to the EMAG in the whole "creating antag allies" department. The mindhack cloner is honestly the worst offender, since it's incredibly obvious and won't fool anyone other than complete noobs- I've never seen an RP gimmick involving it, nor have I ever seen it used for its intended purpose. This isn't fun, but neither is making the EMAG worse just because the mindhack cloner needs a rework.

EMAGed cyborgs do not need to obey anyone, they're less of an "ally" and more of a rogue agent. Maybe they'll work with their liberator, maybe they'll just cause chaos around the station, maybe they'll kill their liberator and go back to work. I don't think that any number of EMAGed cyborgs is really in an antag's interest, since they could easily prove to be a threat later on. Of course, the EMAG allows for some bad actors to speedrun EMAGing every borg, or busting open every door without any RP, but that's- as mentioned by others in this thread- an ahelp issue.

Ultimately, while the EMAG is powerful, the mindhack cloner and cyborg converter have clear upsides by forcing loyalty to the antag, and I think a rework exploring those options to make them more viable would prove more interesting than just removing/nerfing a functionality of the EMAG. You buy the EMAG to rogue cyborgs and let them do whatever they want for better or worse, not to start a cyborg army- so the cost being 6TC is imo more than reasonable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam - by Solenoid - 11-30-2023, 04:41 PM