Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam
For the record, I agree that roboticists emagging borgs en masse is almost absurdly easy compared to the amount of chaos it can cause, especially on RP. However, I feel like most of the solutions proposed here are a bit clunky. Cooldowns are weird and unintuitive, and IMO won't help all that much considering you really only need 2 or 3 really competent/slippery borgs to cause a huge problem for the station.

If the problem is mostly with emagging borgs, a more elegant solution would be to reduce their effectiveness. An idea I had been thinking about for a while was to give emagged borgs increased power consumption that scales over time. This would put a soft limit on their effective lifespan, with power becoming a serious concern by (times not exact) 30 minutes and almost completely unmanageable by 60. Emagged borgs will still make effective distractions and agents of chaos, but this will reduce their ability to run away with the entire round because a traitor sneezed on them. This would also give borgs a reason to not want to be emagged, which has been a problem in the past.

Overall, if you want more effective evil robots, you already have options. If you just want a few very capable borgs to assist you in being evil, use syndicate robot frames. If you want the station to descend into chaos, blow up the law rack or use the cyborg converter. There should be at least some risk involved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam - by RubberRats - 11-30-2023, 05:12 AM