Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam
Heya. I've noticed the past few months that, particularly on rp, and with the increase in traitor rolls, that traitors are almost every single round I have observed with a traitor always chosen to Emag every single possible borg as quickly as possible.

While on classic this is less of an overt issue due to differentiations in rules, this often comes with little ecalation, and further, little engagement to the station as a whole via the antag. Instead its someone quietly making antagonist factories with very little interaction, rapidly ballooning the intended antags.

A syndicate cyber converter is long and takes times. Its extremely loud.

A mind hack cloner is long and takes time. Its extremely loud.

An emag is cheaper ensures every single borg can be made instantly an antag makes no noise and is vastly useful in a wide range of features and uses.

I would like to propose that the cost of the emag be raised from 6 to 8 or 9, to reflect a cost more similar to other items of its kind.

Conversely or in addition to, I believe it may be of merit to change an emag cards ability to emag borgs. The first borg is instant. A five minute cool down for a second. a 10 minute cool down for the third. a 15 minute cool down for the 4th. this way creating 4 antags would take a total of 40 minutes. 

This would further, put an emag to be more comprable to the increasing cost of thralling for vampires, another antag that rapidly produces powerful minions.

A change in such a way might, further, encourage use of syndicate borg frames and syndicate cyborg convertors.

Thank you for reading.

Messages In This Thread
Emag Cost effectiveness; Vs endless borg spam - by Silent Majority - 11-30-2023, 12:54 AM