Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Dead People Want More Stuff to do!
That's a bizarre opinion. Someone in the afterlife area is already removed from the main game -- you can't go there while alive, after all. In a lot of cases, those people are not capable of returning to the main game, either because they're observers, their body is destroyed, cloning is gone, any host of reasons. (On RP, you can respawn after 10 minutes, but even then...)

I like the afterlife bar specifically because it's a nice place to chill out when you're dead. If there's a handful of ghosts I sometimes suggest we all head there and just vibe. There are a lot of people who don't know about it.

I have long envisioned the afterlife area as a place to practice various activities; the first expansion was going to be (might be? heh) medical, with a little training dummy you can give ailments to or whatever, and a system to check if the ailment was handled. So for example you could pick appendicitis and it would give you a dummy with that problem, and then give you afterlife points ™ when it has been removed and the dummy healed.

The reason it would be the afterlife and not VR is because VR is both complicated for living mobs (VR pods are clunky and ancient) and VR can be occupied by real players and ghosts, and the latter can't communicate at all with the former. That's not such a big problem when you're blasting one another with rocket launchers and fireballs, but it's a bit harder when it's a medical situation or something requiring actual dexterity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead People Want More Stuff to do! - by Zamujasa - 11-19-2023, 02:50 AM
RE: Dead People Want More Stuff to do! - by Cal - 12-28-2023, 03:19 PM
RE: Dead People Want More Stuff to do! - by Mouse - 12-29-2023, 08:02 PM