Largeamountsofscreaming - Mentor Application
Usual character name: Mavis Moovenheimer, General Gutsemferfun, Prisoner J738
BYOND username: Largeamountsofscreaming
Discord username (if you are on our discord): LargeAmountsofScreaming / .pimpinchimp
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Sylvester

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing goon for almost a year now, and it's been a blast to be able to get tons of fun experiences with you all. Having fun games and being able to interact with everyone in and out of game has been some of the most fun I've had playing games. It's a community I want to contribute to, and being able to mentor new people that come into this game would be a great way for me to help. Being able to guide new players to learn the mechanics and gain more confidence in branching out to be able to handle the more complex motions on their own is a really fulfilling feeling. I would love to be able to use mentoring as a direct way to help guide people who need help learning Goon.

Engineering: I have a fundamental understanding off all engine types, a fair bit of breach fixing experience, as well as material science and mining

Medical: My second most played department, I have a good knowledge on how to perform surgeries as well as how to effectively treat all sorts of diseases and ailments from the variety of goofballery the station can create. I understand how to upgrade and create borgs and bots. I also have a mid-level understanding of how to run genetics.

Civilian: While chaplain is one of my main roles, I do understand how to create food and mix drinks, as well as how to grow and strengthen plants for good yields from people who actually are insane enough to play botany.

Command: Captain is my other main role, and I believe I have learned a fair amount about understanding the purpose of command and the ways that it can both help and hinder a shift experience depending on how it is played. Being able to facilitate fun rounds with captain or MD gimmicks is one of my favorite things to do when I play.

Research: While being my least played department, I still understand and enjoy artifact science. I also understand the basics of chemistry, toxins, and making Guardbuddies guard you (for 10 minutes until the Rumpus protocol thing happens and it just gets funky).

Antags: I've had a bit of experience playing each of the antags and know a few of the tips and tricks for each. I'm not robust but I know people who are and what they do, so it counts.

Goon has been one of my favorite communities I've been a part of, and some of the people I met and still play with are some of my good friends because of it. It would be a pleasure to be able to help people get that same experience.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A

Messages In This Thread
Largeamountsofscreaming - Mentor Application - by Largeamountsofscreaming - 11-14-2023, 08:29 AM