Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CLOSED PR] Move Counter-Revolutionary Implants from QM to Security
Security already has loyalty implants in limited quantity, I don't agree with the reasoning to give security free implants. I think requiring loyal crew to use two departments, Security and QM, to obtain loyalty implants is a good thing. Revs having a place to sabotage that isn't initially heavily guarded is *good*. I certainly agree, however, that it is cheesy in a way to dispose of the consoles. Rather than have free implants in security, I would like to see backup boards for consoles in a secure area, or perhaps keep the AI in the mix by giving them a way to always order items from QM, if granted authority or whatnot (as I imagine on non-revs, or when rogue, this would make the AI nigh unstoppable.)

- Backup boards in security
Still stealable, perhaps this should be in the Armory so it's harder to steal. Gives more incentive for the armory, but still a pain to have to bring the board all the way back to QM to reclaim it for the loyals left.

- AI granted permanent access to QM
Could be bad in the wrong hands, but that's the entirety of AI to start. Brings it into the revs dynamic in more of a way than 'kill all revs!!' law, or 'kill all heads!!' law, where AI struggles with determining who's who to start with. I think giving AI more of a role in revs like this could be interesting.

- AI granted restricted access to QM
Would limit damage in the event the AI is rogue on a normal round and wants to mess with QM, and makes QMs relevant rather than 'AI order [product]' getting over the radio. Could be restricted in a variety of ways, such as station state (enabled when revs is confirmed only, or armory auth), explicit authority (robotics control computer 'disable AI QM restrictions'), etc.

I think there's better alternatives than giving Security just a completely busted tool. Regardless of the rate, it's going to encourage heads/sec to hole up in the department, as it's been said before. And if it's too slow, why should they bother? They start with a fair amount in there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Move Counter-Revolutionary Implants from QM to Security - by Meggal Bozale - 11-05-2023, 08:24 AM