Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[MERGED PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance
(10-29-2023, 12:57 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 11:00 AM)Ikea Wrote: Calomel is also the changeling counter? Like, multiple things can and should have overlapping roles with different strengths and weaknesses that's a good sign of strong balance, theres no need for having **the** counter when multiple counters tend to be far more fun and cool. Also I think calomel already has pretty good design space? (Purgative that deals lots of damage). It may need some tweaks but overall the design niche it fills is nice. I think hunchbacks is pretty weak currently because its just a straight upgrade to calomel in every way, but increasing the damage drastically making it into a sort of super bootleg calomel (and also maybe add some fun chems it generates as byproducts) I think would be a pretty strong design space for it.

The only downside is limited fighting capability due to being in near-crit and slowdown. This is not even much of a problem, since the 0.8u/tick depletion rate means you can very fast go and begin healing yourself.

Uhh, being in near crit and heavily slowed down next to a ling is an incredibly large downside especially if the ling is like, mildly aggressive. Like, if youre a ling you should at the very least, have a fire extingusher or something else to deal damage and pay attention to your victim in case they run away. Good luck getting away from a ling on 20 hp whose out for blood and mildly aware. Also thinking of things in terms of general/specific counters is just a boring way to think about the game, counters shouldnt be ranked they should be situational. Smelling salts has a niche as is with current balance because its incredibly easy to get your hands on with the vending nanomed,. Calomel being overall stronger, is fine because calomel you have to raid medbay/a chemdispenser to get, while smelling salts you just need 100 credits. (Not opposed to making calomel recipe harder).

Also personally I think hunchback being higher purging rate and far less purging per healing then calomel is a bad thing. Id like it to be made more damaging that way it stands out more

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Purgatives and dialysis machine rebalance - by Ikea - 10-29-2023, 01:16 PM