Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[PR] Removes additional access from Security Officers and Heads of Security on the...
Question 
Forgive me since I don't know exactly how to read the pull requests, but pertaining to HoS, are you wishing to reduce their RP access, (which looks to me would only be other command offices), or is it indented to give them the same access as officers? I would hope it's only the command offices. Otherwise I feel that'd be way too far.

DisturbHerb Wrote:
"This point merits its own forum thread, actually, I never liked that very much. Even still, when it pertains to Security-related matters, I don't personally believe that it merits access to every door on the station at round start."

This would rather defeat the purpose of even having a HoS. They are vetted and trusted to help make rounds better, so if the Captain or HoP can just overrule them on security issues...why even have one? An antag needs at least one person to fear/watch out for that can potentially find them early on. That's all I'll say here as I don't wish to derail this thread.

That being said, I have to agree with Waffleloffle. I believe there is enough reservations than to just make a blanket change like this, and in the original thread, there have been some good balance ideas suggested. I would rather see some of those balance issues put in/tested alongside this to see what works, and what doesn't.
(Apparently I am terrible at quoting and apologize for my ineptitude.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Removes additional access from Security Officers and Heads of Security on the... - by KingMorshu - 10-21-2023, 06:31 AM