Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
On the subject of RP Security Officer access
Personally, I think that lowering security‘s access on RP is a good idea for many of the reasons that have already been mentioned, however, I have an idea that could perhaps, maybe, potentially, be a compromise. It’s probably overly complicated, but hear me out:

Search warrants. Security can print them either from a special machine in the office, or security consoles. There are department-wide warrants (Engineering, for example) and warrants limited to a certain area of a department (e.g. Mechanics). For a certain amount of time (max ~15 mins), they‘d allow security to enter the department and do their thing.

They could work by either…

-Granting access to the holder like an ID card would

-Granting all of security access to said area/department, activated by being put on a wall/door belonging to that area/department (like a „wanted“ poster or sticker)

Pros:
-Could encourage RP („Do you have a warrant to search my department?“)
-Could prevent security hacking into places or getting AA just to chase after one person.

Cons:
-More time intensive than getting AA / hacking
  -> The target in that department could‘ve fled whilst security was getting a warrant.
-Probably hard to code (?)
+Many, many more (Handling lowpop; faster paced classic rounds, etc.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the subject of RP Security Officer access - by Chasu - 10-19-2023, 01:04 AM