Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
On the subject of RP Security Officer access
(10-18-2023, 02:36 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: It feels very dismissive to refer to an entire service as a niche thats half observers.

And yeah that is what worries me. Is exactly how it will effect lower populations that worries me. As a sec main Who does sometimes play off hours, i have had to frequently perform a variety of tasks and work. Sometimes i have set up the engine or rescue.someome that got teleported or clear out critters in an unused department or provided basic forst aid puttting someone in a cryopod.

Instead of helping with these said issues i would instead do nothing. Or hack doors which i should not.

I do feel thar i creased access globally at low pop isnt a bad idea.

I feel like security should not be the one these tasks fall onto. Currently they do because of their access, not because they should do it.

I feeel these are tasks thst should fall unto the hands of command. And the captain or HOP very often already do these things.

What could get problematic in low pop is the non-avaibility of command staff. We already got a system in place that automatically elevates someone to a command role.

What i could see is a proper mechanical way to make someibe acting captain. Currently you need a HOP or to break into the captaibs office and get the spare. That could be handled differently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the subject of RP Security Officer access - by Lord_earthfire - 10-18-2023, 09:45 PM