Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
On the subject of RP Security Officer access
(10-18-2023, 09:50 AM)Cherman0 Wrote: At a certain point I think we need to admit that its not possible to design the game around an arbitrarily small number of players. Like, if there's 4 people on the server, yeah things are going to break down. Same deal as 100+ pop where theres like 30 staff assistants. Designing around such an extreme edge case at the expense of the much more common 20 - 60 pop doesn't really make sense to me and I feel like a lot of cool ideas for interdepartmental cooperation get held up on the point of "but how will it work if nobody is online". Which is unfortunate.

the difference between designing with lowpop in mind and designing with absurd highpop in mind is that one of these only happens in stretches once every couple of months at most, and the other happens almost every day on a specific server. to simply say "yeah lowpop players are just gonna have to cope" regarding one of the most wide-ranging, broadly affective changes on the rp servers is essentially giving a huge middle finger to 4 specifically

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the subject of RP Security Officer access - by Waffleloffle - 10-18-2023, 10:09 AM