Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
[PR] Farts to have 3 second cooldown
(09-30-2023, 11:51 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 10:50 AM)Zamujasa Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 09:37 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I feel like this is a big split between the Old Blood and the New Blood about the farts.

At its core, I think that's more or less what it is. There are people who enjoy the funky gross-out juvenile humor Goon has harbored for a decade, and there are people who want to move on and make the game less of that, and this is a major conflict point.

Don't like this characterization since:
1) I like the funky gross out humor of goon and don't want that to change
2) I am old blood

There are reasons to dislike sound spam other than "farts gross" or "me new". Which isn't to say that people who say "Farts gross" don't have valid points, they're just not the ones who motivated this PR.

I don't know where you or Cal got the idea that I was saying this is explicitly the opinion of new people; I said no such thing.

I said that this has been Goon's humor and mindset for over a decade at this point (I am a '12 player much like many others), and that some people want to move on and change it. At no point did I say this was exclusively an opinion held by new players, nor did I imply either you or Cal were. I said some people want to "move on". That is exactly what is going on here.

You can be an old player and form new opinions. I doubt any of us here would like to return to the slur-filled racism days, for example.

I have yet to see any evidence of farts actually being out of control or happening repeatedly. We keep stats, and I know we have admins who love trawling logs. If farting is such an epidemic that happens almost every round and drives people to insanity, it should be trivial to bring up evidence of this supposedly happening.

I maintain that this is a bad change for the game and I reiterate that the testmerge is a way to ratchet it from "hey, at least it's not as bad as it was before", which already happened with the 5 to 3 second change. Present an unpalatable take and then dial it down to what you really want, when the answer is that it should never have been changed in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 08-07-2023, 03:06 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 08-31-2023, 03:12 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 04:53 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 07:31 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 08:42 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Zamujasa - 10-04-2023, 11:00 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 3 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 12:54 PM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 3 second cooldown - by Cal - 10-01-2023, 06:06 AM