Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chemistry rework thoughts/feedback
(09-30-2023, 07:50 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: Make oil's ratio always 1-1. Make the reaction rate possibly scale up even further.

(09-30-2023, 07:50 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: Chemists have reverse-engineered every chemistry recipe into their underlying ratios, we saw this with chemgroups...

I think what we saw with chemgroups is very much the reason why we should stop making 1-1 recipes and, in the future, move towards inaccurate and more involved result ratios.

(09-30-2023, 07:50 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: - In fact, if I were to say there was something people grumble right now, it's oil.
Iirc the malding over oil ended at the point where the phenol/aceton recipe was changed to take 4 welding fuel and create more products. People don't do oil anyway. They throw welding + carbon,hydrogen + chlorine in, hit it once with a welding tool and make phenol/acetone directly. The ratios conlme out in a way where you need low values of oil to make high quantities of chemicals.

The thing people were complsining for a very long time after the real merge was diethylamine. A bug existed that made the reaction always leave 0.5 of chemicals. That was fixed.

I think currently, from my observation of the discord, people would like to have a seperation method for phenol/aceton, but that's about it what i see on complaints.

My personal gripe recipe is smelling salts of all things, though. It prevents me from making chemgroups that chain the oil/phenol-reaction and the diethylamine reaction, fueled by pyrosium heating (carbon from oil, ammonia from diethylamine and oxygen from pyrosium). But honestly, that is fine, since side-reactions are good way to throw a wrench into your plans.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chemistry rework thoughts/feedback - by Lord_earthfire - 09-30-2023, 11:24 PM
RE: Chemistry rework thoughts/feedback - by V1M4K - 11-24-2023, 11:56 AM