Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.92 Average
[PR] Farts to have 3 second cooldown
While i mostly main #3 (which is right now quite often our #1 server) - over the last few months i can count the number of times i've even heard farting as much as possible on the 1 second cooldown on one hand. possibly even a single finger.

Not only that, i only ever see it break out when chaos is at hand anyway. people are on fire, being beaten, shot, tased. then a staff assistant adds to the chaos farting repeatedly. then 3 other people join in. it still puts a smile on my face.

Oh, 'its only a testmerge' - to test what exactly? that you fart less? or to test that players aren't complaining so much that it's worth doing, even though a good chunk of long-term contributors and players are really against the idea?
All this, even though a lot of the pro-nerf people are people that are just unhappy that fart sfx even exist in this game? they still won't be happy when it's people farting off a whatever second cooldown instead. it's still farting.

What's even more frustrating is that better ideas are already posited.
What I can't believe is this idea - 'Fart disbelief is bad because it's fun that other people hear fart noises, and your farting might go unheard'
But these are people that dont like it anyway! It's fun that people that hate farts are forced to hear the SFX? I bet a good percentage of the people who like this PR would be more than happy to instead have something to mute fart noises, and consequentially not give a fart about this PR. I wonder what the polling would look like if these players got what they wanted.

I don't think it's 'sound spam' if it's requiring several people to do it to compete to something actually loud (gunshots, beatings, screams). Sound spam would be old styptic extinguishers that drowned out the entirety of everything going on for 3 seconds thanks to 1 person. Every fart in a fart-choir has a keypress behind it, and behind each of those keypresses is someone having a good time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 08-07-2023, 03:06 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 08-31-2023, 03:12 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 04:53 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 07:31 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 5 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 08:42 AM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 3 second cooldown - by Cal - 09-30-2023, 12:54 PM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 3 second cooldown - by TDHooligan - 09-30-2023, 08:45 PM
RE: [PR] Farts to have 3 second cooldown - by Cal - 10-01-2023, 06:06 AM