Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discussion for recent ion storm changes
Of note is on the RP servers, where due to the longer shift times (and general lack of mass station destruction forcing shuttle calls), ion storms can roll twice, even thrice in a shift, making things progressively more fucked if they don't get dealt with. This is going to be even worse when there's no engineers around, as is often the case on RP4. I actually feel obligated to play engineer because of this change, otherwise people are going to have their rounds fucked because they're stuck in a shocked, bolted room like the AI went postal, with no way of fixing it. Or, if not to play engineer, at the very least incentivize me to grab a pair of insulated gloves as soon as possible.

Additionally, the AccessPro is a tool that what, five people total know how to properly use? And I'm told that you need an original ID with access slotted in, in order to actually make changes. Imagine if the upload got swapped to armoury access and you don't have a HoS. Or if the escape hallway suddenly needed crematorium access and there's no chaplain on the station.

Also, the 'reset all APCs' button is pretty useless now, since an APC automatically gets its AI control wire cut if it's ion stormed. It's barely useful in any other case.

This is not to say I don't like the direction of the change, I do! I just think it's a bit overtuned, especially the access shuffle as it is now. At the very least, I'd like to know if there are some doors which are hardened against the ion storm because of how powerful it'd be if they had their access swapped to like, maint or something. Notably the HoS office, the armoury, and the AI upload.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion for recent ion storm changes - by Error2147483647 - 09-24-2023, 10:06 AM