Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Libraries! Do we want them! Where do we want them!?
Hi I'm handful of people who expressed interest o/
I agree with a lot of what's already been said, I think if libraries were to be added I'd want them off to the side of the chapel, similar to how the Nerd Dungeon is often located right next to/in the chapel, or how the book-nook on Kondaru is basically connected to it. While a library role could be neat, personally I thought it may be interesting if it could be an "optional" Chaplain duty, something the chaplain could choose to take care of if they're particularly interested in it/aren't already doing a bit.

As just a space to hang out on it's own I think libraries could probably just be added to a couple of maps pretty easily, but I think some concern lies in how they'd function. The issue is the lack of content we currently have for bookshelves, and it's not that no one is making content. I'm sure there are tons of players who have made books and tons more who would love to write something and keep it in the station library. It's already been mentioned but the bookshelves don't seem to keep their books for very long and the printing press is a nightmare to run. I think if a library were to work as a map area there'd probably need to be some kind of rework of the printing press/bookshelves in general and some thought put into how content would be made/preserved. Ideally, I'd like it if player-made books could be preserved between rounds even if removed from bookshelves but I think that could potentially be mishandled or abused if someone sets out to make spam/inappropriate content. I'm not really sure how it'd be managed so there's not much I can say on it. alas!!

(ON another note i think it'd be funny if the bookshelf sprites were bigger and blocked your vision so you could hide between rows of them and ALSO god it would be so so funny to push/have them fall on top of someone and crush them... dramatic library murders!!!! YIPPEEEEEE)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Libraries! Do we want them! Where do we want them!? - by TemThrush - 09-23-2023, 03:34 PM