Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Libraries! Do we want them! Where do we want them!?
(09-22-2023, 03:58 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: the bookshelves are cool, but they're always empty or filled with prefab books. your best bet is to put loads of copies of your book in there so they last more than 3 shifts.

idk. perhaps there needs to be a better way to keep your books stocked in bookshelves. maybe particularly high effort books should be syndicated and kept stocked aboard all bookshelves?

I enjoy that last idea, Maybe have player-books be sent to the goonhub?

(09-22-2023, 01:48 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(09-22-2023, 12:47 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Technically every map has the owlery, nothing stopping you from putting down some plant trays there and planting stuff. Though I agree that the ability to have more natural soil would be neat.

And felling these goddamn trees. They limit the owlery so much.

On topic, i am all for adding a livrary to the chapel and expanding the bookprinting and bookshelf system. I would like to keep the chapel as-is. The thing is it's the biggest place on station to redecorate and repurpose and many departments could get a load of this and becone more empty and customizeable. Also, due to this, it's like the prine-place for syndicate assaults/bog conflicts. It's a great place fir the one big confrontation.

I totally agree about keeping the chapel, now that I've thought about it. I think I like the idea of reworking the nerd dungeon the most out of all the ideas here.

(09-21-2023, 11:23 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: I think there's another major issue, though, besides mapping constraints: the books we have... aren't really worth reading. the grand majority of the prewritten books are instruction manuals, and outside of those, there's maybe... 3? 4?

(it doesn't help that all the player written books on 4 were wiped by accident somehow sad greater domestic space-bee )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Libraries! Do we want them! Where do we want them!? - by AgrippaHera - 09-22-2023, 01:14 PM