Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Libraries! Do we want them! Where do we want them!?
I'm a fan of giving the crew more public-access places to Hang (god I want every map to have a public garden so bad) and would love a nice library area on most maps... didn't consider it before but having it fold into and refurbish the nerd dungeon just makes a lotta sense. I do agree that having it be chapel-specific is kind of a hard sell but it's not impossible, seeing as the chapel serves as general-purpose Event Space in many rounds

I think there's another major issue, though, besides mapping constraints: the books we have... aren't really worth reading. the grand majority of the prewritten books are instruction manuals, and outside of those, there's maybe... 3? 4? books resembling something people would actually read for fun. user-written books would be great (provided yahoos don't permanently remove them from persistent bookshelves) but the ui of the printing press? absolute ass. you can write more expressively formatted prose with a higher character count on a single sheet of paper. the printing press NEEDS several improvements before people are gonna want to use it, I think

Messages In This Thread
RE: Libraries! Do we want them! Where do we want them!? - by Waffleloffle - 09-21-2023, 11:23 PM