Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cyborg QoL - and feedback concerning #15759
(09-15-2023, 04:37 PM)Glamurio Wrote: Oh, hey, here's a borg dragging a box behind them, I wonder if they'll ask me to remove an item from it so they can put on their clothes to actually start their RP properly.

I'm a bit confused and mildly annoyed by the idea that you NEED X or Y clothing to 'start' your RP properly.

You can RP anytime, any clothing. Your desire to HAVE TO HAVE your clothes immediately or whatever does not block you from roleplaying. When I random name a borg I simply play them naked, and I get plenty of roleplay.

(09-15-2023, 04:37 PM)Glamurio Wrote: What usually turns into a cool roleplay session with someone, is now reduced to a mindless activity, of where everybody doesn't even bother talking, because people kind of know already what everyone wants ... everyone's trying their best to make due with what you have to put up with.

The implication that people are SO, SO single-minded as to not even speak and just print out parts or whatever is vexing, and I feel like you're putting this onto people as it's something that personally bothers you, or a routine you've gotten into rather than it actually be a thing that happens often.

If you can't take a minute and go "Hello roboticist! I'd like X parts replaced with Y!" then you should take a moment and learn a little patience. The round's an hour and a half long, slightly longer with shuttle time!

Cyborgs have these limitations because they have unrestricted access to the station's electronics. That is the upside - You can go anywhere, anytime and only have to follow orders (if even that, oftentimes I've had higher ranking people override my order in order to be 'nice' to the cyborg, and no other reason!)

(09-16-2023, 04:32 AM)Soleil Wrote: I'd suggest reintroducing some form of inefficient item box emptying. This could involve violently shaking item boxes to occasionally fling random items everywhere or some other destructive or dumb way of getting contents if you truly have no other alternative. This would add an element of fun and roleplay potential.

I love that idea, it's inefficient but funny.

(09-16-2023, 04:32 AM)Soleil Wrote: Additionally Cyborgs can still refuse to touch boxes and bother humans for it, because we have the right to annoy you for mundane tasks and gosh darn if I'm not going to use it.

The spirit of roleplay. Communication. If a borg asked me to do something, i'd chuckle and do it. I'm here to interact and hang out after all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyborg QoL - and feedback concerning #15759 - by Cal - 09-16-2023, 06:42 AM