Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cyborg QoL - and feedback concerning #15759
Chiming in as someone who started out on Goon by primarily playing Cyborg for months before even going fleshy, I spent over a year without knowing about the shift+click bug. Expressing affection without hugs and pats, conveying disapproval and confusion without eyebrows, and finding creative ways to work without hands added to the fun and made for great roleplaying. While most shift+click behaviors are non-essential, discovering the bug was a significant QoL improvement for two specific cases. 

The most notable improvements were with ladders and handling items like eggs and wire boxes. I spent a year having to sit out fun ladder adventures, such as creating secret ladder hideouts on Oshan or following along on adventure zones, but the misery of being unable to restock Robotics with wire from boxes or retrieve eggs from cartons were the most noticeable. In theory it leads to more interaction and roleplay, but it merely became a mundane chore over hundreds of rounds that in the vast majority of cases went like "Hello human please do this" "okay!" "Thank you human" "no problem, anytime". About as significant as asking Roboticists to insert empty modules into the module rewriter. However, I am still against letting Cyborgs use boxes without issues.

With ladder functionality thankfully restored, I'd suggest reintroducing some form of inefficient item box emptying. This could involve violently shaking item boxes to occasionally fling random items everywhere or some other destructive or dumb way of getting contents if you truly have no other alternative. This would add an element of fun and roleplay potential. Picture a chef entering the kitchen to find broken eggs all over the floor or a Roboticist seeing a mess of single strand wires in their workplace -- these moments could lead to interesting interactions while still encouraging Cyborgs to ask for help to quickly empty a box or carefully get things. Additionally Cyborgs can still refuse to touch boxes and bother humans for it, because we have the right to annoy you for mundane tasks and gosh darn if I'm not going to use it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyborg QoL - and feedback concerning #15759 - by Soleil - 09-16-2023, 04:32 AM