Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
THE PERFECT SOLUTION TO FIX GOON 1 RAMPAGES THAT LEAVES EVERYONE HAPPY FOREVER
I think in an ideal world we could calculate the threat level of individual players, but that sounds like something that would be very difficult to implement. Ideally admins shouldn't have to step into the equation??? And what quantifies ones 'robustness?' there's so many factors and edge cases that I can see this being a headache to make happen.

Having antags roll based off the present power of the station security and heads at roundstart sounds like it would be for the best, just ignore WHO gets rolled and count how much security/heads there are. It is undeniably true that the amount of sec/heads changes the difficulty for antags, so basing rolls of that and pop would be a much more possible solution.

I think no matter what though, murderboning will happen. Most robust players are capable of doing it alone, so while I do talk about balancing antags with a sort of 'threat' mechanic, some people are just good, period.

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE PERFECT SOLUTION TO FIX GOON 1 RAMPAGES THAT LEAVES EVERYONE HAPPY FOREVER - by Meggal Bozale - 09-10-2023, 01:08 PM