Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
THE PERFECT SOLUTION TO FIX GOON 1 RAMPAGES THAT LEAVES EVERYONE HAPPY FOREVER
space bear hi space bear im snoid and i last played this game around 10 years ago when i was a wee baby in high school. i jusg picked it up again and ive been playin for a couple weeks now and im enjoying myself a lot. i really cant bring myself to rp as much as goon 3 wants, but im not a big fan of the constant goon 1 rampages and short rounds. heres my really shitty inexperienced solution that doesnt require players to adjust to new rule changes

MMR
so first of all i accidentally changed my font and font size and i cant seem to put it back so sorry for that. anyway theres no fucking way actual functional mmr would work in any manner for this game but. lemme explai  what it is first.
in competitive online videogames nowadays, they often use an mmr system, or "matchmaking ranking". based on how often you win or do well, your mmr goes up and you are matched with other players with similar mmr. if you play worse or lose, it goes down and you are matched with worse players.
SO WHAT THE FUCK AM I TALKI G ABOUT well. an issue ive noticed with rampages is that if particularly robust players get antag then it can be bad, but if MULTIPLE robust players get antag, then its simply not a solveable situation for the crew. so the ixea is this and im sorry for how fucking annoying it is: admins manually set certain players to certain mmr values depending on how consistently robust they are, and how often they successfully rampage. using this value, when the game is picking antags then it adds up the value of some players mmr and sets people to antag if all their mmr value total are close enough to what the rounds chosen antag mmr value is. im not good at words sorry. heres example:
if the round is starting and it picks an antag mmr value of 40, then it may pick 4 players with an mmr of 10 to be antag, or it could pick 2 20s or 1 30 and 1 10, etc.
idk how powerful devs are so maybe someone could come up with a way to automate players mmrs, but idk how the fuck u would do that in a game as complex as this. also my font went back to big and idk why sorry i havent posted on forums in years. ok thanks for reading

Messages In This Thread
THE PERFECT SOLUTION TO FIX GOON 1 RAMPAGES THAT LEAVES EVERYONE HAPPY FOREVER - by Snoid - 09-09-2023, 08:33 PM