Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[MERGED PR] Chemical production rework
Ok, first of all, i have to say i love this in many levels, the systems are interesting and they provide some extra depth to chemistry past just pressing the buttons and memorizing recipes, and the possible ways in which things can go horribly wrong is fantastic.

With that out of the way, i feel a lot of the non-instant reactions are a bit *too* non-instant, and it makes a lot of chemical production, especially of some reagents that aren't touched much by the update, even harder than they already were. I've tried making half a barrel's worth of neurodepressant for instance, since it involves both large amounts of phenol and sulfuric acid, and found out that most of it is done through simply waiting by the barrels for about 45 minutes(possibly more). These time factors also seem like they would only be compounded by classic's shorter average round times.

As well as the possible balance implications(which i trust will be figured out in following PRs and discussions). I feel particularly worrisome that 10 small beakers will react 10 times as fast a single large beaker, similar to how one can weirdly stack potassium explosions across multiple beakers. I think a good step in keeping things a bit more expedient and consistent would be making the speed of reactions somehow tied to the size of containers(or initial amount of reacting chemicals) in many of the precursor production cases, since it would make sense for a lot of phenol precursors in a barrel to produce more bulk phenol in the same time as a bit of phenol precursors reacting in a beaker.

As for things i feel would be nice to have but aren't as immediate as what I've described:
- It feels a bit silly for chemistry's glassware to be able to store acids, yet be melted by their vapors.
- It would be interesting for there to be a heating pad that you don't have to annoy the artifact pals for.
- Later down the line, it would also be cool to look at different chemicals and their respective balancing, especially if their availability got altered in a big way, either considering changing recipes or general effectiveness.

In general, i like the possible fail cases and hazards it adds, but i fear these changes makes a lot of regular chemicals currently very time consuming to produce.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Glamurio - 09-01-2023, 02:45 PM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by junori - 09-03-2023, 12:52 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Garash - 09-03-2023, 01:06 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Garash - 09-03-2023, 02:39 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Splints - 09-03-2023, 01:37 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Kotlol - 09-03-2023, 02:30 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by colossusqw - 09-03-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Ikea - 09-03-2023, 06:20 PM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Spoodle - 09-04-2023, 10:44 AM