Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[MERGED PR] Chemical production rework
In general, from my tests, most recipes that got changes offers interesting mechanics. I especially appreciate the recipes that can be chained together, like steam and charcoal or styptic powder and hydrogen/water. The synthflesh postules are also just awesome. I also like mixing in satchels for the photo-explosive. I even found myself using cryostylane/oxygen to control reactions better, which is just awesome.

In particular, we lost precision and instead gained the ability for better bulk-chemistry of basic chemicals. This was highly sought after

My only gripe with the system, so far, is the acetone/phenol recipe. Oil got a low yield, if you go for acceptable reaction rates (~33% for me), but acetone/phenol are kinda important chems for most chems and the phenol/acetone recipe doesn't increase the rates at all. Especially that, without chemicompiler, you are essentially wasting 50% of your yield.

This makes most advanced chems rather cumbersome commodoties. It's not that this is necessarily bad, i personally don't think it is, but it feels a bit too much to a degree it feels bad to work with.

I feel like changing the recipe to something like:

1u oil + 3 welding + 0.1 chlorine -> 2 acetone + 2 phenol

Would go a long way to keep the high welding fuel-upkeep of the reaction while not slowing down chemistry far too much.

Besides that, i like most of the changes done to chemistry. Of course some stuff would play nice like the new glassware having 200u capacity instead of 100u, because there is not too much incentive to use it if you could just start multiple in-beaker reaction against one where you need to babysit your reaction due to low volume. But besides that i just love the changes.

These make chemistry a dangerous enviroment to work in, which i really, really missed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Glamurio - 09-01-2023, 02:45 PM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by junori - 09-03-2023, 12:52 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Garash - 09-03-2023, 01:06 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Garash - 09-03-2023, 02:39 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Splints - 09-03-2023, 01:37 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Kotlol - 09-03-2023, 02:30 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Lord_earthfire - 09-03-2023, 02:59 AM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Ikea - 09-03-2023, 06:20 PM
RE: [PR] Chemical production rework - by Spoodle - 09-04-2023, 10:44 AM