Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Kinetics improvements & magazines
(08-15-2023, 01:12 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: Mmm, overall I don't personally see the need to de-abstract this - while the current implementation is, well, abstract and gamey, this is a video game (and even most shooters treat ammunition as just an invisible bucket of bullets that you shopvac out of corpses) and imo we're not really a game about guns to the extent that justifies realistic magazine handling etc.

I don't know, SS13 has a bunch of detail put into many areas even when they aren't what it is about. Like botany or cooking, chemistry or atmos, medical procedures.. giving guns some flavor and texture wouldn't really make the game 'about guns', as much as it would flesh out a part that has a bit less detail than it could. I feel like comparing it to say, Amnesia: The Bunker could work. That game isn't really about the guns, it's a sandbox survival horror, but it has very complex and tactile feel to most of it's mechanics(pulling and pushing doors with the mouse, turning cogs by hand..) and a similar amount of detail is given to the few guns it has, in the same vein, i don't think giving guns some more sensitive and tactile mechanics would make ss13 about guns, more so enhance the detail that the game is about.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Kinetics improvements & magazines - by colossusqw - 08-19-2023, 07:42 AM