Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Miscallaneous mechcomp musings
Just a thread of random mechcomp ideas, feel free to throw any you have in. I'd code one myself but I took a look at the code and I think I'll stick to trying to add a new plant or something.

- Rotational axis component. Don't ask me how I think people would code this, I don't have an answer. Idea is you could hook it up to say a gravitron and with a signal, rotate its direction without unwrenching or interacting with it. Could provide for some fun stuff I think.

- Randomiser component. This one's probably been suggested before, but a simple way to generate a random outcome would be great. It could be a random number generator or something that simply sends its signal to a random one of its connected components when activated.

- I've suggested this one myself before but I'll put it here too, it'd be fun to connect to fluid tanks that you print from general fabs. Lots of things you could do with liquid.

- Rechargers that output info of what's inside and how much charge it has, for display screens.

- Remove the button from inside device frames and/or add more than 2 device frames per map. They're not strong enough to warrant the limitation imo, especially with the funny things you could do with an army of the little guys.

- Device cabinet transmogrification, my coolest and most thought out idea. Turn the cabinet into a large machine/item that you can't pick up. Toilet with spider legs that yells at people? Pretty funny.

Messages In This Thread
Miscallaneous mechcomp musings - by CalliopeSoups - 08-14-2023, 08:01 AM
RE: Miscallaneous mechcomp musings - by zcrow - 08-14-2023, 09:11 AM
RE: Miscallaneous mechcomp musings - by Piesuu - 08-17-2023, 11:27 PM