Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Light space suit change (atmos_movespeed)
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[Controversial][Input Wanted]

About the PR
Implements a new property, atmos_movespeed, which doesn't slow you down unless the pressure on a turf is above half an atmosphere (50kPa)
Adds a atmos_movespeed property to the light engi suits. The property is speedier than the standard space_movespeed on eva suits.

Why's this needed?
There seem to be a fair amount of dissatisfaction towards the light engi suits. I asked #spacestation-chat what they though of giving them a small amount of slowdown and 4 people instantly replied with "remove them."
Personally I don't feel as strongly against them, but I'm still not a fan how they're strictly better than not wearing anything at all. It makes me a bit unhappy when I roll CE and I have to choose between looking like a powergaming nerd and putting the suit on at roundstart or "playing wrong" by leaving power on the table.

After getting input, I've learned that the purpose of the suits is for engineers to fix breaches without being slowed down, atmos_movespeed lets them serve their purpose still.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Garash
(+)New type of slowdown implemented, "atmos_movespeed," which doesn't slow you down in low pressure environments or in space.
(+)Light space suits now have a small mount of atmos_movespeed
[Clothing][Balance]

PULL REQUEST DETAILS

Messages In This Thread
[PR] Light space suit change (atmos_movespeed) - by github_bot - 08-02-2023, 01:53 PM