Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands
(07-29-2023, 08:42 AM)Silent Majority Wrote: Letting them have genders isn't going to make "cyber rights!!!11!" Its going to be letting a sapient and sentient character played by a real human get a 2-3 letter description of their choice when doing things  in an 18 year old game.

To be honest i see no reason anyone can't change their gender identity at will.  All of this guff over nouns seems odd

Essentially yes, but remember Goon likes to be goofy and such. I remember the days people used announcement to shout Trans Rights as an employee in the servers like it was the best thing ever... But to me it was tiring, cause in the roleplay server... SS13 already allows it? And OOC the community accepts this? We have litteral jump suits to wear whenever now to support that.

It's this kinda behaviour I see resurfacing but on Cyborgs, who are seen in the game as "ambigious"

And as someone who once roleplayed as a Captain that used "You will all be replaced by Cyborgs if you fail your job" bit once. I can safely say some people "like" to play that cyborgs are just "objects" to order around.

Also Cyber Rights... uuhm.. about that.. there are goals for the good ole "non antag" who disrupts things (Miscreant)... who as I might add has the objective: "Fight for equal rights for Cyborgs."
Though I haven't seen them in a while (or been one). So they could been removed and I didn't notice (nor do I care)

But it paints a history. I see no reason for guff around this and to just be added cause: "Who cares? No harm no foul."
But here we are... posting late in a 2 page discussion wich spiked in less then 24 hours. Wich means... THERE IS REASONS TO DEBATE AND THINK ABOUT.

Anyway I'll wait what the admins/devs write down on the server rules about this and implement it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by pali6 - 07-28-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by JOELED - 07-28-2023, 08:51 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 08:11 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 09:44 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 05:55 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 02:07 PM