Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands
(07-28-2023, 07:03 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: In response to frank I think this would be akin to mindhacking someone to force them wear the opposite sex's clothing and behave as a member. IE it'd be a sorta awful thing to do that someone would likely get in trouble for cause that doesn't sound like an action coming from a good place.

I agree. There'd be no good faith reason to do either and would very much come down on the side of "Ignore the person who'd ask it, and adminhelp them for good measure"

I guess more than anything I want to nail down how borgs are regarded in lore when it comes to free will, self identity, and such. I'm for them being more humanized because it does give players more agency and expression in the role.

However, I do feel like mechanics and setting contribute to the idea of them being tools. They're supposed to follow orders given to them, perform requested tasks even to the detriment of their own well being.
Quote:...something that comes from the faulty technique of rewiring brains for microprocessors.
This makes for the best explanation reconciling the two. As much as NT would have you believe the borging process eliminates someone's individuality, they're still in there, just under weird electronic software constraints. It's consistent with the rule that a Borg'ed antagonist is still an antagonist even if the laws prevent them from taking harmful actions.

As for the ability to change their gender, well dang I imagine some people would want to change their gender identity after having a radical change to their body. Some people would want to remain what they were when they were fleshy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Frank_Stein - 07-29-2023, 05:26 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by pali6 - 07-28-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by JOELED - 07-28-2023, 08:51 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 08:11 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 09:44 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 05:55 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 02:07 PM