Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands
I've read all of the replies here over a few times and I genuinely don't understand what the problem is for having it be a command for BORG/AI. Roxy has it all coded up and ready to submit (after the PR she submitted today fixing ID changing pronoun hover goes through) and it feels like the best solution for this QOL problem. Borgs don't have IDs and can't use the ID console, so give them an alternative. I'd suggest adding it to the cyborg docker where you can change your name but then it wouldn't be accessible for AI, which is why feedback was given in the RP channel to opt for a command instead.

The fact that borgs can join roundstart and have set pronouns makes the fact that that is the ONLY way to get pronouns as a borg sort of bizarre, as it means that the only people who can have their pronouns set are those who get chosen for the roll instead of joining late as SICC or being borged post mortem, and it makes changing parts difficult as if you are deconstructed in the process you'll end up losing your pronouns. It makes it seem intended that borgs in-universe are able to have pronouns they'd prefer over it/its, but that they're only available to some currently?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by pali6 - 07-28-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by JOELED - 07-28-2023, 08:51 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 08:11 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 09:44 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 05:55 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 02:07 PM