Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands
(07-28-2023, 11:33 AM)The Specimen Wrote: Hey, while this is about inclusivity which I understand, they are robots... they're an it. I don't think robots have pronouns or genders or anything like that right ? It's a machine. Seems a bit silly to give it pronouns. Though this change is fairly minor and wouldn't impact the game at all so. Just my two cents smile.

I don't think a robotic organism couldn't have a gender, since gender is a social construct. They could be whatever gender they felt fit their identity

The part that I'm having trouble with is: Do our borgs have an identity? I'd say they do based on how people play them, and it would make sense considering they're using a human brain most of the time. 

But what about the laws? A human can order a Borg to do just about anything, something I think is a bit antithetical to the idea of a self identity. What happens when a human player orders a borg player to identify as a different gender than they prefer? That seems like a potentially distressing situation and something we'd need to plan for

Messages In This Thread
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Frank_Stein - 07-28-2023, 06:29 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by pali6 - 07-28-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by JOELED - 07-28-2023, 08:51 PM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 08:11 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-29-2023, 09:44 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 05:55 AM
RE: Borg Pronouns In Robotic Comnands - by Kotlol - 07-30-2023, 02:07 PM