Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Phobia Trait Concept
(07-21-2023, 12:12 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I think specified phobias would be far more worthwhile than a randomized one. Being suddenly allergic to sugar as a pastry chef is funny, but having a phobia of monkeys would be round-ending for geneticists.. unless they CHOSE to do so. Like the clown who has no belief in clowns and can't see themselves.

It would also let people take it a bit more seriously than 'oh i'm suddenly afraid of blood, uh okay' and try to realistically work around their phobias. Lets people add a layer of realism to their characters if they wish.

While it's preferable to have it be chosen, allergies currently are also random. I very much think this is less of a preference, and rather a technical problem. It's very difficult to implement a chosen allergy / phobia. The only realistic way I could see would be either a standardized field akin to the name that lets a player enter a phobia / allergy, and if there's an item / chem that matches, it applies. I don't think a drop down menu for items would work, that's a behemoth of an interface, though maybe with a search bar akin to the chem request console this could be doable.

On the topic of phobias, yes, cool idea, but I'd be wary with how disabling they can be. Being completely blocked off is likely too much, but randomly screaming or dropping items (akin to "Nervous") could work. Perhaps even slowdowns, blurry vision, or nausea.

Messages In This Thread
Phobia Trait Concept - by Terms-On-Dragon - 07-18-2023, 01:33 PM
RE: Phobia Trait Concept - by ZodiaDecius - 07-18-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: Phobia Trait Concept - by Dhaidburt - 07-21-2023, 12:12 PM
RE: Phobia Trait Concept - by Glamurio - 07-25-2023, 02:30 PM
RE: Phobia Trait Concept - by Terms-On-Dragon - 07-25-2023, 01:19 PM