HoS Application - Ava / Amy Ward
I've played with Ava a couple times, and I've since observed them for a few rounds. 

Foremost, I think they have the right attitude about playing sec. They have a good understanding of how to handle an antagonist to make for a more fun and interesting round. They know when to show a bit of leeway, rather than shutting down an antagonist's options entirely. I feel like what they wrote in their application speaks for itself.

They're a very communicative security player. From what I've seen they're pretty frequently keeping in touch on the radio and working with other officers to catch baddies!

More generally, I think they're a fun player! I've had a lot of laughs watching Amy Ward bumble around as a sillier security officer. I also had a round where Ava and I were the only security officers. It was just downright fun catching baddies with them and roleplaying together. There was a player portraying a sillier, incompetent antagonist that was harassing us but failing to pose a real threat. Ava encouraged for a bit more leeway towards this player than I would have otherwise given them. 

I'm glad I heeded Ava, because it ended up in a really hilarious situation on the escape shuttle. This incompetent traitor popped out of a locker in the security room on the shuttle. They finally succeeded in being a threat and shot my character with a radbow. This was a round where my character was significantly injured after every interaction with an antagonist. It made for a funny moment when the round ended and my character finally snapped and beat down on this traitor. I probably wouldn't have had such a satisfying close to the round, if I had listened to my instincts and just brought the guy in earlier in the round.

With that in mind, I think that Ava's attitude will rub off on newer players just like it did on me in that instance.

I'm pretty confident that giving Ava the beret will make for more fun rounds, and contribute to a good security culture. +1

Messages In This Thread
HoS Application - Ava / Amy Ward - by Glamurio - 06-22-2023, 07:41 AM
RE: HoS Application - Ava / Amy Ward - by Sonnzer - 06-22-2023, 07:50 AM
RE: HoS Application - Ava / Amy Ward - by PHLiao - 06-29-2023, 01:34 PM
RE: HoS Application - Ava / Amy Ward - by Vextrom - 07-24-2023, 05:09 PM