Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggested additions to diversify chaplain roleplay.
To put it plainly,
Chaplains lack the things that one would expect them to have as a roleplay-centric role. They have access to a single holy book in the form of the Bible and several outfits uniquely available to them. The present issue with both the Bible and the majority of these outfits is that they are directly based on real-world religions. I can't speak for others, but personally I feel that it stifles creativity since I don't feel at ease using them for goofy spaceman game antics.

To that end, I'd like to propose that new books, clothes, and props are provided to the chaplain so that they may better pursue whatever silly gimmick they had in mind. These new things wouldn't be directly based off of real-world religions to avoid the issues mentioned earlier in this post, but would rather be inspired by in-game things that one might form a strange religion around, in addition to the potential for references from other media. The props that I can think of are largely decorative as I personally have no experience with coding and can't think of anything fun for them to do.

This would involve spriting the new clothes, books, and props, and adding them to the maps. The current chaplain locker might not work if anything new is added, however, so a new vending machine similar to the newer departmental clothing vendors may need to be introduced as well.

I'd like this thread to be both a discussion of this idea in general and a place where ideas are given. To start off, I'll give ideas on what themed sets I can think of the moment.

• A fire set, with singed robes and book. Maybe a big (harmless) torch to carry around that provides a dim light, akin to a candle.
  • Various vague eldritch sets, with ominous masks and books filled with strange symbols.
  • An expansion to the mechanicus and flock clothes, adding "books" to fit them.
  • Cute bee stuff : ] 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to your feeback.

Messages In This Thread
Suggested additions to diversify chaplain roleplay. - by WhatMG - 07-10-2023, 08:27 PM