Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arcfiend Hit & Run Tactics Should be Punished More. Here's Some Ideas!
So a common strategy for Arcfiend is to zip around to APC to APC using Wireride, drain the APC of its power, and then go to the next. Maybe cutting it short if you hear someone coming like Security. The common counter play to this is to destroy wires to limit their movements, but this can lead to causing more destruction and station damage than otherwise necessary, especially on RP where said damage is somewhat expected to be fixed eventually. A lot of Sec players I speak to, including myself, always voice their frustration with Arcfiend rounds because they will ALWAYS start as or devolve into this long drawn out Hit & Run/Tom & Jerry chase sequence that can last WAY too long, simply because Arcfiend is not punished enough for playing in this way. And this is not fun for Security, and not fun for Arcfiend either due to how stale this strategy can get.

I've thought up a few ideas that could be used to balance Arcfiend and punish this method of play a bit more and HOPEFULLY make the Antag feel more fun to play against, and more engaging to play as so they've got a few more things to worry about, and not just result to riding from APC to APC draining power.
  • Reduce the speed an Arcfiend moves through a wire by about 30% - 50%
  • When an Arcfiend emerges from a wire, disable their abilities and add a disorient debuff for a few seconds. (Lets say their bodies need time to get used to becoming physical again. Include some Brute damage for good measure)
  • Increase the charge used as an Arcfiend moves through a wire, and increase the charge used when an Arcfiend remains still inside a wire to prevent long drawn out instances of wire camping.
  • When an Arcfiend is in a wire that gets snipped, when they emerge they take Brute damage, have their abilities disabled and are disoriented for a few seconds. (Longer than emerging normally, and more brute damage too)
  • Have a small chance (that could perhaps increase based on max energy) that a Floortile that the Arcfiend moves under through a wire is dislodged and flies off due to the excess energy coursing through the wire. This allows for Arcfiends to be tracked fairly easier, and punishes Arcfiends that go around at Max Energy STILL sapping APCs. Draws Arcfiends into the open more, and allows for more combat encounters.

If anyone else has any ideas, or reworks or arguments to the ideas I suggested, feel free to share! I really want Arcfiend to be in a better spot than where they are currently, and for them to be received a lot better overall.

Messages In This Thread
Arcfiend Hit & Run Tactics Should be Punished More. Here's Some Ideas! - by Wrench-1 - 07-01-2023, 09:02 AM