Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elemental Plants
(06-27-2023, 01:33 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Like any mass production of chemicals with a recipe that you could make in botany you could just do in science too?

That is the point i disagree on. The amounts botany can pump out of a single chemmix is by a big margin higher than chemistry.

And, most importsntly, the delivery methods for these high amount of chems are better for high smount of chems. Chemist can smoke 100u with a beaker? Botanists can smoke entire hallways with a stray rafflesia. Need an action bar on your pill to forcefeed 20u? The nettles can inject amounts similar to sleepy pens.

And once they got the plant, they got enough seeds to spam it. That's the core-issue with bitany: everything they are sble to do, they are able to spam.

Beyond that, botany is used to actively lock scientists out of chem recipes without help and vice-versa.

Chemistry and botany work different. You can't give them access to the same chem pool. And that is why you need to just have a good eye on what chens you enable for botany. That's why i said that chlorine would be an ok addition for botany, but sulfur wouldnt.

Recipe PR's receive much scrutiny in general, and adding base chems adds like 6 - 8 chem recipes to a department.

Personally, i am a fan of giving botany "middle step" chemicals like salicylic acid or oil. It makes the chemistry of the department work in general different, which is nice.

(06-27-2023, 01:49 PM)Kotlol Wrote: I think it has to do with Security already having to deal with acid bombing scientists.. now you got an acid bombing botanist.. with an acid bombing rancher...

The number of antagonists stay the same, so that's not really an issue. The stuff they can throw at security just varies more over multiple rounds, and thats s good thing for everyone imvolved.

(06-27-2023, 01:49 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Also let's just say Botany is suppose to be a "newbie friendly class" and if your botanist friend is cooking up deadly poisons next to you... you don't have a gas mask from the start to deal with it...

Well, thats how you gotta learn as beginner. And you wont get beginners hooked into the game by beginner mechanics that are boring. Besides, even 3 chem splices, involving 1 gene strain and 1 mutation (like hydrochloric acid would be and space cleaner is) are very advanced splices that only veterans comfortable do. And these know how to make proper safety precautions.

Messages In This Thread
Elemental Plants - by 0404a - 06-26-2023, 02:21 PM
RE: Elemental Plants - by Waffleloffle - 06-26-2023, 03:06 PM
RE: Elemental Plants - by Lord_earthfire - 06-26-2023, 08:53 PM
RE: Elemental Plants - by zjdtmkhzt - 06-27-2023, 01:33 PM
RE: Elemental Plants - by Kotlol - 06-27-2023, 01:49 PM
RE: Elemental Plants - by Silent Majority - 06-28-2023, 07:21 AM
RE: Elemental Plants - by Lord_earthfire - 06-27-2023, 09:10 PM
RE: Elemental Plants - by Lord_earthfire - 06-28-2023, 07:46 AM