Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
[CLOSED PR] Breath masks can be attached to clown masks
Ok I’ll actually add my opinion to this. I think it is really silly that the devs keep refusing these PRs and people keep getting uppity about this despite it just being a relatively minor QOL change. All this PR would allow the clown to do is survive depressurized parts of the station (which tends to happen a lot in an atmos sim game) while keeping their preferred cosmetics on (that being the clown mask). The main reason why these never get accepted is because the devs have this sorta sentiment that the clown suffering is very funny, and the merging of this PR would make the clown less funny due to them suffering less. While I agree I do like seeing the clown dying in this most extraordinary ways from time to time, it’s not the main appeal of the clown as there are way funnier things a clown can do while they are alive. Another argument I hear is that the clown can easily just swap to a breath mask if they want to live, and that it doesn’t really matter if they use it or not. But if it doesn’t matter if they take off their clown mask to swap to a breath mask, then why should it matter if the clown gets a breath mask under their clown mask if it is already so easy? Other people claim that the clown mask should be worn with dignity and they should be shamed if they take it off to survive. This argument however tends to come from people who don’t play clown often, as every clown main I have seen would rather just take their clown mask off to live. This is a highly desired feature wanted by many players and clown mains, and people are not going to stop suggest/making these PRs until the heat death of the universe unless…
A) The devs cave in and add it
B) A compromise feature is agreed upon and added (like what Cal and Kotlol)
C) Administrative action is taken and the idea is banned from being suggested
At the end of the day, this such a silly argument over what is really just a minor QOL change. If this gets added, nothing major about the game is going to change, and people would stop caring about it like a day after it is added. If this is not added.. well, see ya in a month when it is suggested again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Breath masks can be attached to clown masks - by Gamebot26 - 06-11-2023, 10:42 AM