Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Medical Director Item Suggestion: Jaws of Life
(06-06-2023, 08:33 AM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: I'm guessing this is targeted at RP since most of the time MD wouldn't have tools or something? because again as stated earlier in this post Tools can just deal with this better. And may I ask why the MD deserves this more than CE. If the CE got this I would still be against it but it would make a bit more sense. The only reason I see this being suggested is because I'm guessing on RP MD doesn't get tools very often. and at the point of this being useful surely getting tools as the MD wouldn't be to out the question?

I don't know it just seems like a silly idea and I don't see it needed. the idea just allows someone to neglect hacking or welding and seems kind of like a cop out.

and as a extra, the MD isn't a paramedic. they are the head of their department and in most situations should be within their department dealing with other doctors and with home land issues.

extra extra point, this again adds to one of the issues I have with the current state, that being the extreme lack of inter-departmental cohesion. There's pretty much no sort of use for one department for another, adding this would further this issue by allowing doctors to bypass the need to ask for a engineer to hack a door open or unweld it or to get someone with access to help. Idk, I personally don't have these issues since I don't play RP but it just something that pops to mind.

The thing is, the effect is slightly different. An AI can make a door unopenable by bolting it and depowering the apc powering it. This will be an opt out.

Secondly, interdepartmental cohesion is ok when you need to get your department sourced 30 min into the shift or need chems ir a new cloner. Stuff that isnt immediate. This does not apply to a person dying and you being a door away.

What i agree with is the MD not being a paramedic. This is ehy i think normal doctors can really benefit to access to this item.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Medical Director Item Suggestion: Jaws of Life - by Lord_earthfire - 06-06-2023, 12:43 PM