Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Change Chemlab to store items in lab tables
Hello!

For those of you that don't know, each lab table in Chemistry (The black-topped ones with the white drawers) have a 13-slot inventory for Tiny and Small items that can be accessed by clicking on them with an empty hand. I say this because I've been told that many players... do not know about this! And it's a shame. Cog1 is famous for how easily the monkey that spawns there wrecks the place but if you look at how it starts...

[Image: image.png]

...Ough! Barely any space at all for beakers, because every single piece of important lab equipment is left on the tables. For comparison, here's how it'd look with everything in the drawers:

Note that 33 out of the 49 used inventory slots here were from the 3 boxes of patches and 1 box of syringes; because the boxes are Normal-sized items, they don't fit in the tables. They were emptied out and shoved in the crate of glass bottles, alongside an additional 3 beaker boxes that were emptied into the glassware fabricator. This... Is WAY nicer. It lets chemists use tables instead of the floor (which means that containers that would normally break when thrown can be placed anywhere on a tile instead of on the center) and greatly reduces the severity of future cluttering.

There IS a problem with this implementation: Players who don't know about the tables won't be able to find the equipment they know and love. These pitiable, clueless descendants of gophers will be faced with a "Stern Lab Safety Warning" on the otherwise pristine counters:

I'm willing to learn mapping to implement this. With the way coding is, it's probably going to be impossible, or kinda easy.

Messages In This Thread
[PR] Change Chemlab to store items in lab tables - by mintyphresh - 05-31-2023, 04:44 PM