Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib
I simply think there should be no counterplay in the situation for a single person. Only for the crew as a whole, where is exists and is very easy (fixing the hotwire or disconnecting the engine from the station).

This whole game is a play of attrition between the station and antags. The crew and the equipment are the recources. And they are easy replenishable by the fast design of cloning/doctoring. So to drain these recources with lasting impact, cheap deaths with gibbing/spacing,  an excessive amount of deaths (rampages) or permanent station damage (aka bombing cloning/spacing the station) are a necessity.

You fall over and hope that your crewmember put one and one together and get the situation under control. The result is you getting unrecoverable turned to crisp with not much permanent damage. That feels bad on an individual level, but is in line with how that works on a macro-level.

So i am all for making it harder, if it is a problem. But i think it's bad when people are able to avoid the threat entirely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib - by Lord_earthfire - 05-25-2023, 01:28 PM